Sunday, November 15, 2015

DIY Washi Tape Letter

Hey! This week's blog is extra special, considering one of my best friend's bat mitzvah was yesterday! Because of this, my entire post is hereby dedicated to her. I had an AMAZING time at both the tear jerking ceremony and roof raising party. Congratulations, buddy! You can check out this WONDERFUL girl's (or should I say young woman's) blog here: www.adancersbalance.blogspot.com

Anyway, of course I had to bring a gift in honor of this special day, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to complete another DIY project! This craft is SO easy and quick but looks fantastic when finished! The materials needed are extremely inexpensive and most of them will probably be lying around the house. Today, my friends, I am going to be making a fully decorated letter N, representing the first initial of my fantastic friend's name. Let's begin. 


What you will need: 
-Wooden block letter (Under $3 at Michaels) 
-X-acto knife 
-Washi tape 

Step One: Choose the design that you want to make on your letter. I decided to use two colors that are very special to me and my friend; The blue and red represent "frozen fire" - a combination of our two favorite movies/ books (Frozen and The Hunger Games.)


Step Two: Place a piece of Washi tape along the width of the letter. You don't have to worry about the tape going off the sides - we'll deal with that part later. 


Step Three: Fill up the entire letter with the rows of Washi tape. You may have to overlap a few pieces to fit in the design you desire. 


Step Four: Turn the letter over and cut off the excess tape with your Exacto knife. This step is A LOT easier than I expected. I assume this could be more difficult when using a letter with more curves, considering the knife has to cut along the edge, so just keep that in mind when doing this project.


And now you have a beautiful decorated letter for yourself or a friend! This is always a handy go-to gift for Christmas, a birthday, or even a Bat Mitzvah! You can fulfill this project using any color tape, so the options are virtually limitless. I'm even thinking of making 7 more Washi tape letters to spell out my name! It wouldn't take much time, considering each mini project takes less than 10 minutes. Go and try it! I promise you won't be disappointed. Stay crafty!

4 comments:

  1. This is actually REALLY pretty omg congrats Natalie for being a woman but this N is goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Melanie!!! This is so pretty! I've always wanted to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Hannah said this is such N goals.

    ReplyDelete