Wednesday, September 28, 2016

DIY Ombre Bookmark

Hey everyone! I am back again with my second post of the day! Hooray! So recently, I've been reading a couple of books at the same time (To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets, Mockingjay) and I always lose track of which page I'm on. It's pretty annoying trying to remember each time I open up a book, and searching through the pages just takes away precious reading time - which many of you will agree is never okay. The constant struggle has finally lead to me do something about this, and I sure am glad that I did. Today, I am going to be creating a DIY ombre bookmark for all of your reading needs! Creating this is easier than you'd expect, and surely doesn't take more than 5 minutes. Let's begin!

What you will need:
-Paint samples
-Thin string
-Scissors
-Sharpie or colored marker
-Fancy hole punch (any shape is okay)


Step One: Decide on which paint sample colors you'd like to use. I chose to do pink/red.


Step Two: Cut them out so they're the desired shape of a bookmark. (This can be any shape - I just chose to make it a traditional rectangle.)


Step Three: Use your cutter to create a design in the bookmark. I chose to use one in the shape of a snowflake. Be sure to make your hole near the top so the bookmark can be hanging on a string.


Step Four: Using your marker or Sharpie, draw on the bookmark however you want. This is completely up to you, and no matter what you do, the outcome will look great! Also, secure your string onto the bookmark.


And now you will open up to the wrong page no longer! No more confusion! Yay! Again, this project was super easy to do, and I've found it to be extremely efficient. No matter what book you're reading, this bookmark will always look super cute sticking out of the top. You can even give this craft to one of your book-crazy friends! I certainly have a few (you know who you are), and I'm sure they'd love this. Happy reading, and... Stay crafty!


3 comments:

  1. Really complicated, but really cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what blog you're looking at because this seems pretty simple.

      Delete
    2. Yet still I probably can't do the blog since I suck at everything.

      Delete